Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cook's Corner: Portobello Pizza

Shipping is a terrible thing to do to vegetables. They probably get jet-lagged, just like people.

-Elizabeth Berry



I find the greatest obstacle to healthy eating, is inspiration for cooking something new. Still jet-lagged from a recent trip myself, I spent my morning shopping for fresh, organic, local-when-possible, blood-type diet friendly food
. The end result was Portobello Pizza for lunch. Simple, healthy, delicious!

Portobello Pizza*

Ingredients:

1 portobello mushroom, cleaned, stem removed and chopped
1-2 Tablespoons pizza sauce that is BTD compliant
1 Teaspoon feta or goat cheese (I used feta from goat's milk)
1 Tablespoon mozzarella cheese
minced garlic to taste
2 cups mixed greens and vegetables (I used spinach leaves)
1 Tablespoon oils (olive oil and/or falxseed oil)
Other toppings of your likings (I did Canadian bacon and pineapple)

How to make it:
1. Saute portobello in 1/2 oil & 1/2 garlic
2. Set aside
3. Saute veggies & chopped mushroom stem in 1/2 oil & garlic
4. Spread pizza sauce on top of portobello mushroom
5. Pile on chopped mushroom stem and veggies or other toppings to your liking
6. Add feta/goat cheese and mozzeralla cheese (I used mozzeralla from sheep's milk)
7. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbling & starting to brown
8. Enjoy thoroughly!

*Recipe from the blood type diet

4 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! I wanna try that. I know very little about BTD. Didn't know you were into that sort of thing. Another education begins. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are specific foods for specific blood types? Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I will do a post on "Eating Right For Your Blood Type" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blog so much to learn about what we put in our bodies.
    I was reading in the Costco magazine of all places that flax seed oil loses
    it's potency with any type of heat. On fact they say to store it in a dark cold place because even the sunlight affects it's nutritional value. Have you heard the same?

    ReplyDelete